Board Meeting Notes July 2012
- The overall financial report (unaudited) at the end of the fiscal year (June 30, 2012) revealed that Greenwood Village ended the year in a positive position.
- Owners’ accounts that are in arrears were turned over to the lawyer for the collection process.
- The Board enacted a new rule that will result in the suspension of an individual owner’s right to use GVCA recreational facilities if the owner becomes delinquent with his/her condominium association fees but not their GVCA assessment or fees. Currently, only the owners who are delinquent in GVCA fees can be suspended from using the pools, tennis courts, etc. Condominium associations must notify GVCA in writing of the delinquency who in turn will notify the unit owner of the suspension as well as the right to due process. Provisions for corrective action and other procedural safeguards are part of the new rule. The new rule will go into effect in August 2012.
- A new pool pass system using a hand-held scanner has been developed by the GVCA Manager. It was tested and is now in place. This replaces the paper and pencil system that has been in place for several years. Each resident’s Pool pass has a barcode on it that correlates to a resident’s information and can indicate whether or not, the resident is up-to-date in the payment of fees, etc.
- ACCES reported on a variety of architectural repairs and replacements – windows, unit and garage doors, roofs, and siding approvals that were reviewed and action taken in regard to each application filed. Action was also taken per the new Enforcement Assessment Procedure adopted by the Board in June to give notice to a resident violating the ACCES rules. The ACCES committee continues to work on the rules and procedures for retractable awnings.
- The Landscape Committee is reviewing landscape care and maintenance for the next landscape contract 2013- 2015, is reviewing the proposed garden around the Clubhouse sign; and continues to identify areas of Greenwood’s Common areas for trees and shrubs that are dead or dying, and has made a request to the OSU Extension for a fall speaker.
- The Recreation Committee is sponsoring another “Moonlight Swim” on Saturday, August 11 from 7:45 to 11:30 PM. Weather permitting residents should be able to view the Perseid Meteor Shower. Free pizza, lemonade, iced tea and punch.
- Greenwood’s website continues to attract new and a growing cadre of ongoing visitors. Pages in high demand are the Home page, For Sale, Pool, ACCES and ACCES forms, Associations and FAQ’s.
- The Bridge Committee reported that the National Park Service is working on a proposal to replace or reroute the three bridges on Old Carriage Trailand reminds all to stay off the bridges because they are unsafe.